Congratulations! Finally, after two whole years of COVID-19 ruining Spring Break Travel plans, 2022 promises to be different. With April 2022 just around the corner, all of us are aggressively planning cheap spring break trips.
Everyone from college students to couples as well as families is looking for the best spring break destinations. We are exploring spring break travel options not only locally within the United States but also internationally.
With travel restrictions finally lifting in different states and countries, it is time to explore the best spring break destinations for college students, families, friends, and couples. In this resource on spring break travel, we will be exploring the following.
- Top destinations you should be exploring for Spring Break 2022
- Things to look at when planning for spring break travel in the United States
- Mistakes to avoid when planning for family spring break 2022
- The Final Takeaway
If you are someone that is looking at spring break travel options for April and May 2022, you should check out what we have to say till the very end of the article.
Top Spring Break Travel Destinations in the United States for 2022
- Las Vegas (Nevada)
While gambling continues to be one of the top draws for the city, there are plenty of other attractions that you can check out this spring break. Did you know that the world-famous Grand Canyon is just located at a distance of just two hours? Or you can witness the architectural brilliance of the Hoover Dam after a forty-minute drive? Las Vegas has plenty of great restaurants, sights, and sounds that you can soak up during the spring break travel.
- St. Petersburg (Florida)
The top spring break destinations for college students are often beaches. We are talking sunny weather, surfing, bikinis, water sports, beer, and great music. Florida’s Panama City or Fort Lauderdale are common options. However, try Madeira Beach since it is far more enjoyable, casual, cleaner, and more affordable. Make a visit to St. Pete Beach as well as check out the Clearwater beach area. They have amazing restaurants and a rich historic culture to boast of.
- Jackson (Wyoming)
If you are someone that does not want to head to the beach for your spring break, then we have a great option for you. Wyoming is a great place and if mountains are what you love, then Jackson promises to be a great experience for you. There are some very attractive ski resorts that you can check out. Apart from great mountain trails and hiking trips, you can always pay a visit to the National Museum of Wildlife Arts. There is Yellowstone Park as well.
- Charleston (South Carolina)
With barbecues, cobbled streets, and one of the best nightlife scenes in the United States; Charleston is one of those hidden gems that deserve more attention. South Carolina City has a rich culture and heritage. You have plenty of art museums, great restaurants, rich cultural history, and even some great resorts. According to leading experts, Charleston is perfect for an all-inclusive family spring break in 2022. Make sure that you get your bookings done in advance.
- Lake Tahoe (California)
Lake Tahoe continues to be one of the top spring break destinations for college students in the United States. There are plenty of reasons why young college students love Lake Tahoe. Firstly, the weather permits you to go skiing or snowboarding to your heart’s content. The lake itself is a major tourist attraction and you will find tons of water sports activities to do in the area. There are also some great hiking trails that you can explore with your friends.
Making Spring Break Travel Plans: What you should pay attention to
In the last section, we looked at some of the best destinations that you can visit this Spring Break 2022. In this section, we are going to help spring breakers with some key tips to plan their trips better.
- Firstly, you need to consider how far in advance you should start planning for spring break travel. If you are considering destinations within the US, one month is enough. For international travel, make sure that you start at least three months in advance.
- Secondly, look at the airlines and the charges you are expecting. If you are on a holiday and will not have to take leaves, you should be looking to travel on weekdays. The flight rates are cheaper and you will get more hotel and booking options.
- Thirdly, explore stay options by trying out newer and more off-beat lodgings. You can try out big family rentals, beach houses, or even extravagant options. If you are planning cheap spring break trips, make sure to check out Airbnb for affordable options.
- Fourthly, try to travel as light as possible. If possible, try to shop for clothes for the destination you are going to. This is a highly exciting thing that you should be looking to do. This should be done especially if you are traveling to several destinations.
- Lastly, make sure that you are sure about the travel restrictions and health mandates as having been announced by the different states. Please carry your vaccination certificates and have them on you everywhere you go. There are some establishment-centric rules.
With everyone making spring break travel plans after nearly two years, you can expect large crowds, overbooked hotels, and compromised services in most of the hotly contested travel destinations. This is where checking out and exploring new and up-and-coming destinations is what is going to help you make your spring break a memorable one.
Mistakes to Avoid When Planning for Family Spring Break 2022
When it comes to families and spring break, you are looking at a whole different set of expectations and challenges. Family spring break 2022 requires you to plan by paying attention to the needs and requirements of your kids, elderly parents, and even pets!
In this section, we are going to point out some mistakes that families planning for spring break travel need to avoid making.
- Leaving everything to the last minute– Families should start planning well in advance (three months) for spring break travel. They need to pay close attention to the school dates of their children. Try to plan as meticulously as possible.
- Failing to check out the destination in detail– In addition to what the website of the hotel or resort says, you need to do rigorous research. Look for Facebook Groups that can help you, as well as find answers on Quora. This is essential for your safety.
- Not teaching children about water safety– If you are traveling to the beach or a lake, you need to teach your kids about the major dos and don’ts. Make sure that they have life jackets on them at all times in the ocean. Be aware of what dangers to avoid.
- Avoiding eating healthy during spring break travel– There is a lot of excitement when you are traveling. However, you need to make sure that you eating healthy and nutritious food. This will help you with the energy to do so much more during the trip. If you are in St. Pete Beach, Florida we recommend trying out Fresh Factory for a great smoothie and breakfast on the go.
- Staying out in the sun for way too long– Adults need to understand that kids and pets need to be protected from over-exposure to the sun. Please ensure that your pets are not getting dehydrated because of the salty beach water and the harsh sun. Make sure you pack a portable water bowl for your pet to ensure they stay hydrated.
- Sharing details with complete strangers– You do not know who is up to what on any spring break travel trip. In fact, there are many criminals that try to win the trust and confidence of unsuspecting families and then rob them. Avoid talking and negotiating deals with complete strangers at all costs.
- Openly showing off your valuables and documents- Make sure that you store all your cash, jewelry, watches, and other important documents like passports in a safe in the hotel room. Keep the keys with you and have rooms cleaned when you are present.
The Final Takeaway
With the threat and dangers of the Coronavirus Pandemic entering the Endemic Stage and lifting of travel restrictions, Spring Break Travel is expected to see millions of travelers criss-cross the length and breadth of the United States during the months of April and May 2022.
Please remember wherever you go, you are going to find crowds. The key is to do your research on the locations and plan as far ahead as possible. Depending on your budget, you can make spring break travel plans for cheap, or all-inclusive family spring break in 2022.
By following all the spring break travel pointers that we have mentioned in the resource, you can hope to have a memorable spring break. If you have any other questions that you would like us to share and discuss, please let us know in the comments section below.